|Cut, raw leeks - ready for cooking!|
Leeks are a great addition to a meal, as they provide a good amount of folate, as well as flavonoids and antioxidant polyphenols that help protect our blood vessels and cardiovascular system. So get cooking!
|The finished product - yum!|
3 Leeks (firm and straight, no yellowing)
- Trim the tops and bottoms off the leeks, cut in half lengthwise and rinse under cool water to remove any dirt.
- Slice the leeks in 1/4" slices, using white and light green parts only.
- Let the cut leeks sit for about 5 minutes (this helps release their nutrients).
- Heat butter in a saucepan, over med-high heat. Do not let it brown.
- When butter is hot, add leeks and sautee until soft and fragrant (about 8 minutes).