Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Scenes from Sunny Southern California

Cruising the PCH in a convertible - yes, I was wearing a tank top in January.
Last week, I travelled to Los Angeles and San Diego to visit family. My sister lives in Los Angeles, and my cousin lives near San Diego. While I had the occasional splurge (hello pecan-salted-caramel sticky bun), I did my best to eat healthy while traveling, and I found some wonderful options! The warm sunshine felt great on my skin, we went to the beach more days than not, did a couple of hikes in the canyons, and it was wonderful to see some family members that I don't see very often. A long drive from San Francisco - about 6 hours down and 8 hours coming home - but it was worth it!

Lunch at Lemonade - wonderful salad options of all kinds! I want one of these to open near me.
L to R: Arugula, Roasted Broccoli, Quinoa Tabouleh, Watermelon Radish
Sunset over the beach in Malibu.

Sunset over Malibu Lagoon State Beach.

My attempt at a selfie of my mom and I riding bikes between Santa Monica and Venice.

The "Kale-Aid" juice at True Food Kitchen in Santa Monica:
Kale, Apple, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon & Ginger = YUMMY!

My mom's lunch at True Food Kitchen in Santa Monica: The "Inside-Out Quinoa Burger"
(We also shared some grilled Monterey Sardines, and I had a Mediterranean Chopped Salad.)

Window shopping in Manhattan Beach.

Strolling La Jolla's beautiful coastal walk.

Me. Loving the California coast!

How many sea lions can pile on to one rock?
Pelicans we saw in La Jolla - they're huge!

Walking Black's Beach with my mom and aunt. Looks deserted, but there were lots of surfers!

I love seeing signs like this at restaurants!
Taken during lunch at whisknladle in La Jolla.

A lovely sunset near Scripps Pier.

My cousin's beautiful outdoor wedding, just steps from the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment