Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap

Top Row, L to R: Wontons, Dungeness Crab with Homemade Mayo, Seafood Chowder, Pomegranate-Mint Relish.
2nd Row: Asparagus Soup, Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows & Creamed Spinach, Latkes, Chestnut Stuffing.
3rd Row: Turkey - whole and sliced, Beef Tenderloin - whole and sliced.
Bottom Row: Maple Pecan Pie, Apples (used in applesauce), Chocolate Souffle, Salted Caramel Budino 

Whoops! I thought I'd posted this, but it turns out I didn't. Better late than never, right?

It was another amazing meal at Thanksgiving this year. The photos above show most of the things we ate, but there were a few dishes that I missed getting a picture of. My step-mom's family has this awesome tradition where everyone has to make at least one dish (appetizer, side dish, or dessert) which means that we have quite a multicultural feast in addition to all the usual Thanksgiving staples like turkey and sweet potatoes. Learning to pace ourselves throughout the meal is key, as desserts (like my step-sister's Salted Caramel Budino and my Dad's chocolate souffle) can be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment