Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Scenes from the holidays

Spending the holiday season with family means I wasn't always able to take photographs of our activities. When I'm around the people I care about, I do my best to be WITH them in mind, body and spirit and not be distracted by things like my phone and camera. That being said, I was able to capture some wonderful moments we had together, a sampling of which is below. 

As the calendar changes tonight from 2013 to 2014, I wish you and yours health and happiness in the new year!

I made a butternut squash dish for Christmas dinner, and found this beautiful heart shape inside!
(Recipe to come in another post.)

C and his granddad rowing around Elkhorn Slough near Monterey, CA.
A beautiful place to see all sorts of wildlife!

A very exciting Christmas present to me! Can't wait to try out some recipes!

Some shots from a Spanish tapas cooking class that C and I took just before Christmas. It was a belated anniversary outing, and lots of fun!
Local honey, used in one of the recipes. 
Squid tentacles, which we chopped up and served on flatbread.

Pan con Tomate, with various toppings: jamon, queso y anchoa

Squid stuffed with caramelized onions, getting grilled.

C putting the finishing touches on our Almond Cakes. Yum!

And with that, my last post of 2013 is complete. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment