Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Super Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli


I hope you'll forgive me, but my blog posts this week and next will be short, as my fiance and I are in the process of moving (from the Peninsula to the East Bay). I'm sure many of you can relate to the fact that my stress level goes up every time I move. The questions running around in my head are endless...Where will things go in the new place? Did I change my address on everything? Will everything fit in the new place? What should go into storage? What are we keeping? What are we donating? What if x, y, or z doesn't work out? And it goes on...

But I find if I take a few moments at the beginning and end of the day, to sit in stillness and just breathe, my stress level goes waaaaaay down. Try it next time you're feeling stressed about something. Starting early, and doing a little bit each day, makes the task of packing much less overwhelming. We've also hired movers to move the big stuff, which is a HUGE stress relief!

Before we pack up all the kitchen supplies, we're doing a good job of eating what's left in the fridge. Because the more healthy stuff we eat here, the less we have to worry about transporting! Here's a new (to me) way to make broccoli that was super simple and tasted delicious. It took me about 5 minutes to prep, I worked while it was cooking, and then we ate. Easy peasy, and I hope you enjoy!

Roasted Broccoli (serves 2)
Ingredients:
1 Large Head of Organic Broccoli
approx. 1T Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse the broccoli, shake it a couple times to get the water off
- Chop off the florets, and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop off about 2" of the end of the stalk and discard.
- Chop the top of the stalk into 1/2" pieces. Add these to the bowl.
- Shave the bottom part of the stalk to remove any tough bits, and continue to chop the stalk into 1/2" pieces. Add these to the bowl.
- Pour the olive oil over the broccoli, add some salt & pepper if desired.
- Use your (clean) hands to coat the broccoli with the oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Due to the crunchiness, this dish won't work very well as leftovers.

I may be moving, but I'm still coaching! Doesn't matter where you live, as all my coaching services can be held remotely. Interested? Check out my website for more info: www.lindsayzwicker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment