Saturday, June 29, 2013

Outstanding in the Field

On a hot summer day recently, we went to dinner in a Napa Valley vineyard...


As you can probably tell, this is no ordinary picnic. This was a stellar event put together by the folks at Outstanding in the Field. They hold farm-to-table dinners at locations all across the country, for the purpose of reconnecting diners with the land and where their food comes from. A friend told me about OITF last year, and as the events sell out FAST I made sure to get tickets for my man and I this year. The 100% organic and biodynamic vineyards of Robert Sinskey lent a perfect setting to the event. RSV is one of my favorite winemakers, so I knew I had to get tickets to their event! Take a look at my photos from the event, you can see we had a fantastic time!


Tradition is you bring your own plate to dinner.

The menu.

The people/places who contributed to the amazing meal.

Winecrafter Jeff Virnig explains the difference between Pinot Noir and Merlot grapes.

Langoustine, anyone?

Lamb three ways on top of braised greens.

We were all members of the "Clean Plate Club"!

Beautiful light as the sun set.
As darkness fell, it was time for dessert.
Happy as clams - it was a wonderful evening!
Have you ever attended a farm-to-table dinner? Leave a comment below and tell us about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment