|Brown Jasmine Rice, stored in an airtight glass jar.|
|It isn't so pretty, but I promise it's tasty!!|
Coconut Rice Pudding (serves 2)
- About 2C cooked rice
- 1 Can Organic Coconut Milk (I like Native Forest)
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Maple Syrup (optional, to taste)
- In a pot, over medium heat, combine the leftover rice with the can of coconut milk.
- Heat until just boiling, then lower heat and simmer until most of the coconut milk is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Stir periodically so rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. If you want to chill and save the pudding for later, leave it more liquidy as it will thicken in the fridge.
- If you're eating it hot, like I did, spoon pudding into bowls, and sprinkle with spices and a bit of sweetener (if desired). The options are endless, but I think maple syrup works great in this recipe!
Like what you see? Sign up to receive my FREE monthly newsletter full of healthy tips and recipes!