|Roasted Seeds from a Sugar Pie Pumpkin|
Some of the nutrients contained in squash seeds are: Protein, Calcium, Zinc, Mono-Unsaturated Fat (good for the heart), Vitamin A, Folate, Manganese, Trytophan, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper. Source: www.whfoods.org
What to do:
- Rinse the seeds and pat dry.
- Toss the seeds with just enough olive oil to coat. Not too much, or they'll be greasy!
- Add some salt, garlic salt, or chili powder, or whatever you want.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on 'em so they don't burn.
- Enjoy warm, or wait for them to cool. Either way, they're delicious!