|Blistered to perfection!|
Anyway, I now had some in front of me, so it was with some trepidation that I cooked them as an appetizer to dinner. This batch was mild and delicious, and making them is so easy and simple!
- Rinse peppers and pat dry.
- In large bowl, toss peppers with enough olive oil to coat.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan (I used a cast iron) over medium heat. Add about a tablespoon of high-heat oil (such as sesame), just enough so the peppers don't stick.
- When pan is warm, add the peppers. Watch out for sizzling oil splatter. They will cook quick, so don't walk away!
- Keeping an eye on the peppers, turn them every couple minutes so they evenly blister.
- When they have enough blistering to your taste, put them back in the bowl and toss with sea salt.
- Serve/eat immediately! They're best when hot.