Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Intentions

Vacationing in Maui, 2011
In turning my calender to July yesterday, I realized something. It's officially summer, and I haven't set any goals or intentions on how I'm going to use the time! While reading the blogs of a few friends of mine, I came across people who have done a summer bucket list, or listed their intentions. I love the idea!

While I was in school studying nutrition and health coaching, we were taught to look at all aspects of life: relationship, career, physical activity, and spirituality in addition to diet. I've set intentions for all of these in my list. However, I also wanted to keep it realistic, so while I'd love to go on an exotic vacation this summer (see photo above) I know that's not going to happen. I'll save that one for the long-term bucket list! :-)

What's on your intention list for this summer? Be specific! And then write/print it out and hang your list where you'll see it every day.

Lindsay's Summer Intentions:
- Eat fruit and/or vegetables at every meal. (d)
- Make a green smoothie for breakfast at least twice a week. (d)
- Eat less beef/pork/chicken, and when I do, choose organic. (d)
- Cook at home more often than eating out - don't let the fresh produce go to waste! (d)
- Cut down on wheat/dairy products. (d)
- Yoga at least 2x per week. (p)
- Run at least 2x per week. (p)
- Bike rides (by myself or with friends) every other week. (p)
- Drive leisurely from Los Angeles to San Francisco on Highway 1. (s)
- Attend a weekend yoga retreat in a relaxing setting. (s)
- Turn off the tv and computer 1 hour before bedtime. (s)
- Spend time with my sister, who is in town until August. (r)
- Visit Yosemite with my boyfriend at least once. (r/s)
- Have a "date" with my boyfriend once a week. (r)
- See each of my parents at least once a month. (r)
- Create outlines for nutrition workshops. (c)
- Continue weekly blog posts, expand beyond recipes. (c)

2 comments:

  1. This is great list. My big item to do this summer is to run in my second half marathon. That let me plan out a training schedule so I knew I had to work out each week, on specific days, eat better, etc. Good luck this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Don! I'm a big fan of lists - writing things out helps me to see what I have to do. Best of luck to you on your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete