Monday, July 23, 2012

Hot Pink Pants!


Most of you reading my blog and following me on Facebook already know that I'm a health and wellness coach, but did you also know that I recently became a Sweat Pink Ambassador? I am super excited about this! You are probably thinking to yourself, "What on earth is Sweat Pink? And what is an Ambassador?" Give me a few moments to tell you about this amazing group and why I am so excited about it!

Sweat Pink is a movement started by the lovely ladies of Fit Approach - cousins Jamie Walker and Alyse Mason Brill. From the moment I read their mission statement, I knew this was a group of women I was going to love!

Fit Approach Mission:
We believe that kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes. We've learned that real women sweat, and sweat hard. We know that assertiveness, strength, and ambition are ultimate feminine qualities. We concede that sometimes it takes hours to get ready, but we're also no strangers to just rolling out of bed and going. We're convinced that we run faster in pink shoelaces. We believe in pushing ourselves, and we believe in giving ourselves a break, too. We're all about the rush of endorphins and the thrill of the challenge. We're all for looking great and feeling even better. We're committed to finding our best fit, and making it stick. 


How do we get there? We climb. We journey. We balance. We reward.


How awesome is that mission! It's like they had pulled my thoughts from my brain. And then I found their statement on what they look for in their Ambassadors: Do you have a passion for inspiring others on their journey to health? Do you believe that strong is the new skinny, pink is the new black, and that a positive attitude and whole foods are a healthier route to happiness than self-loathing and 100-calorie snack packs?


Seriously, it's like they had me in mind when they wrote this stuff. I mean, that's ME they're talking about! I share their philosophy both in my personal life and with my clients. I had to get involved! So I applied to be an Ambassador, and I was accepted. Yay! I am thrilled to be able to integrate the mission of Fit Approach into my coaching work with clients.

To celebrate, I bought myself a pair of hot pink workout pants! They don't quite match my pink shoelaces, but it's close enough. I wore them to one of my favorite local run/walk/bike paths, and got LOTS of stares from people. It made me slightly uncomfortable, but also felt pretty awesome. Next time I'll wear my Sweat Pink tank so people know what's up. I'm not sure the photos truly capture how bright they are, but thanks to my boyfriend for being my fabulous photographer. Check out some of the pictures below.

Getting in to Tree pose.
It's the perfect pose when surrounded by Oaks trees!

Doing some dips.
Working those triceps!
Push up time.
Soaking it all in, sitting on my favorite rock in the shade of a big Oak tree.

Get out there, and Sweat Pink!!

22 comments:

  1. Welcome to SPA, I too am thrilled to be a newbie SPA! :-) Great workouts too, love things you can do anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I much prefer outdoor workouts to the gym. Benches are great for arms!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the family!! I LOVE your tree pose and pink pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was hard to keep my balance because I was trying not to laugh at the stares I was getting from passers-by. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Welcome sweat pink sista!!! I LOVE the pink pants!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pants. Man,I want a pair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! The pink pants are pretty fun! :-)

      Delete
    2. Looking for a pair of hot pink workout pants. Where did you find these?

      Delete
    3. Hi there - I got the pink pants at Lululemon last year, but I'm pretty sure they have some again this season. They're so fun!

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS girlie! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pants. Now following u my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a newbie too and now feel the need to make a bright pink purchase ;)

    Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh...I hope I didn't just encourage a spending spree! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Welcome, Lindsey, you're going to love it! Love the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Welcome! I just recently became a SPA too! Loving everyone & love your workout pants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pink pants. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where'd you find those amazing pants?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't these pants amazing?! They still make me smile every time I wear them! I got them at Lululemon last summer, I think they were part of the 2012 Summer collection.

    ReplyDelete