Monday, July 9, 2012

Hidden Greens Smoothie

Hidden Greens Smoothie
This smoothie came about as a result of my looking around and asking, "What do I have in my fridge that is about to go bad, so I need to use it soon?" I almost didn't post it because I know the color does not make it look appealing, but I promise it's really tasty!

We get greens in our CSA box every week, and buy fresh berries from the farmer's market. And sometimes we just get overloaded with produce. I keep the berries out as long as possible, but just before they get mushy I'll wash and dry them, and put them in the freezer. That way, I have berries in the house even when I didn't get to the market. When it comes to smoothies, the bonus of having frozen fruit is that you then don't need to use ice cubes! For this smoothie, you can use fresh or frozen fruit, either will work fine.

Put in your blender (I have a Vitamix) and blend until smooth:
3 Leaves Kale
2-3 Leaves Beet Greens
4 Strawberries
5 Blackberries
1 Banana
Grated Ginger (to taste)
Water

Cheers! To your health! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment