|Sun Tea, brewing on my kitchen windowsill.|
Here's how to do it:
- Find a large glass container with a lid. I used plastic, which I later found out you are NOT supposed to do. A better container would have been an empty glass juice jar, or mason jars.
- Fill the container with cold, filtered water. Tea tastes better un-chlorinated!
- Add a few tea bags of whatever tea combination you feel like. Pictured here I used three bags of a black tea blend and two of a lemon-ginger herbal. It was delicious!
- Let the container sit in the sun for 1-3 hours. You might have to move the container as the sun moves. After the first hour, taste it every 30 minutes or so to see how strong it is. When the tea has reached your desired strong-ness, remove the tea bags and put the container in the refrigerator to cool.
- After it has cooled, serve in a tall glass over ice. Add some mint or lemon (or other fruit) if desired.