Monday, January 9, 2012

Egg-Free Mayonnaise!

Not being able to eat eggs has dramatically impacted how I eat. While a hard-boiled egg used to be one of my usual snacks for an afternoon pick-me-up, now I snack on apples and almonds. (Which are also delicious, don't get me wrong!) In the past, a lunch-time staple of mine used to be a tuna salad sandwich: canned tuna, mayo, chopped up pickles, radishes, carrot, celery, etc. But one of the key ingredients, mayonnaise, is almost always is made with eggs, and most of the egg-free versions I tried were too sweet for my taste. I've been using olive oil and balsamic vinegar in my tuna salad, and while it tasted good it just wasn't the same.
Enter: Organicville's Non-Dairy Mayo
I discovered this mayo on a recent trip to Whole Foods, and it's great! It is organic, vegan, gluten-free, and has no added sugar! Now I can enjoy tuna (or chicken) salad sandwiches, dips, and chilled artichokes again!
Tuna salad on red leaf lettuce and toasted whole grain bread, with a side of saurkraut. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment